Dreading the thoughts of packing lunchboxes again? Never fear, Cliona O'Connor has just the fix.
Healthy eating is definitely a great place to start when looking to improve children’s overall health & wellness so it’s good to try pack in as much variety as possible.
Check out the video over on our Instagram to learn how to make some yummy, healthy nut-free bliss balls and - always popular with little ones - some pizza bagels.
Nut free bliss balls
1 tbsp white chia seeds
200g soft and juicy apricots
100g traditional rolled oats
2 tbsp maple syrup
100g desiccated coconut
1. Mix the water & chia seeds in a bowl. Leave for 10 mins.
2. Add them to a food processor with all the other ingredients (holding back 10gs of desiccated coconut).
3. Blitz until the mixture has come together in a smooth paste.
4. Roll into 20 balls.
5. Roll half into the spare coconut.
6. Put in fridge for 15 mins. Store in a sealed tub in the fridge.
1. Lightly toast the bagels.
2. Spread some pizza sauce on both sides of a bagel.
2. Top with cheese.
3. Pop into a sandwich maker or under the grill.
Yummy hot or cold.
If you have some fussy eaters and are worried your children aren’t getting the vitamins they need from their food, pop into your local CarePlus Pharmacy and ask a member of our friendly teams for advice on the vitamin or supplement that might suit your little one.