Updated October 2023
CarePlus Pharmacy, trading as CarePlus Pharmacy DAC (Registered IE548563) at the address Unit 1, Trinity Court, Fonthill Retail Park, Dublin 22, respect your right to privacy and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018 accordingly incorporating the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The purpose of this website Privacy Statement is to outline how we deal with any personal data you provide to us while visiting or using this website. Naturally, if you are not happy with the content of this Privacy Statement you should not use this website. By visiting the CarePlus Pharmacy website, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Statement. Any external links to other websites are identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other websites.
Who's in control of your information?
- Types of Information Collected
Personal Data: This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify, and contact you and may include your name, address, email address, user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped, or anonymised and telephone number. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
We may collect your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions, or feedback.
We will also collect details of your interactions with us in the pharmacy, online and when you use any of our mobile applications.
Non-Personal Data: Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis from all visitors to our website. This non-personal data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
- Why we collect the Information
Personal Data: We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to create an account on the CarePlus application
- to process your loyalty membership application and track loyalty points that you earn or redeem and monitor your loyalty point balance;
- if you register with our mailing lists (e.g., Baby Club), we use the data to send information and promotional literature that is of interest to you;
- to contact you if required in connection with any job application, query, or message or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
- to communicate with you about CarePlus pharmacy activities.
- to process your booking and/or appointment requests (for example, when using our Services booking form via Hashealth)
- when booking a service with a CarePlus pharmacy, we may contact you regarding the booking to request more information or update you on the status of the booking.
- to notify you about changes to our services and to send you service emails relating to the activities you have asked us to undertake on your behalf.
- we may (where you consent) use your personal data, preferences, and details of your service bookings to keep you informed by email, text, telephone and through our contact centres about relevant health services including upcoming pharmacy health service clinics, new services, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
For this purpose, you will be asked to “opt-in” and we will not process your personal data unless you explicitly authorize us to do so.
Non-Personal Data: We use the non-personal data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
- Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your personal information among companies within the Navi Group, including our subsidiaries and franchise partners, to handle any complaints, queries, or service-related matters.
When you contact us with a complaint, query, or request for information, we may need to access your personal data to address your concerns effectively and share them with our franchise partners (e.g., your selected CarePlus Pharmacy where you are a customer). This data may include your name, contact details, order history, and any other relevant information that helps us understand and resolve the issue.
For this purpose, you will be asked to “opt-in” and we will not process or share your personal data with the relevant parties (franchisee CarePlus Pharmacy) unless you explicitly authorize us to do so.
- Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
There are circumstances where we wish to disclose or are compelled by law to disclose your personal data to third parties. This will only take place in accordance with the applicable law and for the purposes listed above.
CarePlus Pharmacy, a company in the Navi Group, or a pharmacy franchisee may contact you by email, phone or post about other products and services (including those from other members of the Navi Group) in which you may be interested (where you have consented to such communication).
We may provide non-personal data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our website, or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers, and other similar parties. We will not disclose your personal data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfil your prescription order or services (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements). We will disclose your personal data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
- How we collect the Information
Register for the Mailing List (e.g., Baby Club)
When you register for a mailing list, we add the details that you provide (name, email address and local CarePlus pharmacy) to a mailing list on Mail Chimp for future emails from CarePlus.
We use MailChimp to engage with our customers via email. A customer may subscribe to our email by a) signing up for the newsletter or b) creating an account/register. A customer subscribes to the email by opting in and agreeing to receive future emails. The data collected includes a) name and b) email address. There is an UNSUBSCRIBE link at the bottom of all our emails so that you can unsubscribe from our email database at any time.
Register for our CarePlus Application
When you register with our website, we create an account for you and record your details (name, billing and delivery address, email address and phone number) in our database. Any time you make an order or a booking, we can use these details from our database so that you can select them quickly the next time you create an order.
We collect the following:
- First Name/Last Name
- Address Details
- Mobile Phone
- Default CarePlus pharmacy
- Order History Details
Complete a Prescription Order
During the prescription order process, you can check out as a regular user. When completing the order, we collect the following:
- Selected CarePlus Pharmacy
- Image of the prescription, or
- Confirmation that the pharmacy already has your prescription on file, or
- Confirmation that the prescription has already been electronically submitted by your doctor to the pharmacy
- Date of birth
- Scheme type (e.g., General Medical Scheme, Drugs Payment Scheme, LTI…)
- Scheme number (membership number of the system)
- Order Details
Complete a Services Booking via HasHealth
During the services booking process, you may use a third-party site, HasHealth.com, to complete your booking for a vaccination or other pharmacy health services with a CarePlus pharmacy. The following will be collected:
- Selected CarePlus Pharmacy
- Service Booking Details
- First Name
- Date of birth
- Patient PPS Number
- Medical / DPS / HAA Card details
- GP Name
- GP Contact Number
- GP Address
- Medical history information including pre-existing conditions, allergies, medications, and previous procedures to inform the pharmacist regarding the administration of the vaccination or other certain services before they supply the vaccination or service.
- Consent to the pharmacy health service
Data supplied via Forms are recorded in our database. We reply to all contacts made directly through email. Examples of forms included in our website include:
- Contact Us form
Data collected via these forms include:
- Email Address
- Local CarePlus Pharmacy
- Message info
- Consent to recording your personal data and if applicable to share information with our franchisees
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). The Google features enable Google Analytics to collect data about users to make advertising more engaging to users. Google Analytics uses “cookies”: (text files which are stored on your computer and permit analysis of your use of the website). Cookies like ‘NID’ and ‘SID’ can be used to help customize ads on Google properties, like Google Search, YouTube and Google partner websites. Please refer to Google Analytics (https://www.google.com/analytics) for more information.
Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram social Plugin
Our website contains social plugins for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram. The bookmarks are indicated by the respective logo. To enhance the protection of your data when visiting our website, the respective social plugin is not fully incorporated into the site; instead, an HTML link is used (the “Shariff solution”).
This ensures that, when you access our website, no link is created to the servers of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or Instagram (the “Social Plugins”) and your data are not transmitted to them. If you click on any of the Social Plugins, Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter buttons, a new window will open in your browser and open the website of Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter, on which (after entering your login details, if necessary) you can click the like or share button, for example. In functional terms, with the Shariff solution, the respective social plugin is equivalent to a hyperlink, meaning that neither we nor Facebook collect data about you on our website.
If you are already logged in to any of the Social Plugins, the respective social media platform will be notified that you have accessed the corresponding page on our website and the respective platform may trace your visit to your account. Information about the purpose and scope of data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter, as well as your rights in this regard and the settings you can choose to protect your privacy, can be found in the privacy policies of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram at:
If you do not want Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter to gather data about you via our website, before visiting our website you must log out of these sites and delete any cookies they have placed on your PC.
Please refrain from posting any personally identifiable information, such as your full name, address, PPS number, phone number or email address.
We reserve the right to remove any comments, including those that are obscene or offensive, derogatory, or disparaging and that are based on an individual's sex, race, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or citizenship status or are threatening or defamatory.
- You can also refer to Facebook's Terms of Service for Facebook's advice on posting rules and guidelines: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms
Links to External Websites:
Some sections of our website contain links to the websites of third-party providers. These websites are subject to their own privacy policies. We are not responsible for their operation, including the handling of data by third-party providers.
If you send information to or via such third-party websites, you should check their privacy statements before sending them information that can be traced back to you as an individual.
Your personal data is held on secure servers hosted in Germany and Finland by Hetzner Online GmbH. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your personal data.
- Transfer of data outside of the EU
Our website is hosted in Germany and Finland, and we also use cloud-based services in Ireland.
We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union for IT support purposes. We have data processing agreements in place with these outsourced service providers.
Accordingly, data obtained within Ireland, or any other country could be transferred outside the European Union for IT and technical support purposes.
- Updating, Verifying and Deleting Personal Data
You also have a right to have your personal data corrected, if inaccurate, or, in certain circumstances, erased. Please forward any such requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right of Access to Your Personal Data
To find out what personal data we hold on to you or to have your personal data updated, amended, or removed from our database, please contact us by email at email@example.com. Any such data subject requests may be subject to the prescribed fee.
- Data protection law provides data subjects with numerous rights, including the right to: (i) access, (ii) rectify, (iii) erase, (iv) restrict, (v) transport, and (vi) object to the processing of, their personal data. Data subjects also have the right to complain to the relevant data protection authority if they believe that their personal data is not being processed in accordance with applicable data protection law.
- Right to rectification. You may request that we rectify any inaccurate and/or complete any incomplete personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent. You may, as permitted by applicable law, withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to benefit from certain service features for which the processing of your personal data is essential.
- Right to object to processing, including automated processing and profiling. You may, as permitted by applicable law, request that we stop processing your personal data. In relation to automated processing and profiling, you may object to the processing, and you will have the right to obtain human intervention.
- Right to erasure. You may request that we erase your personal data, and we will comply unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so. For example, there may be an overriding legitimate ground for keeping your personal data, such as a legal obligation that we have to comply with, or if retention is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
- Right to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may request that we provide your personal data to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and have it transferred to another provider of the same or similar services. We will comply with such a transfer as far as it is technically feasible. Please note that a transfer to another provider does not imply erasure of your personal data which may still be required for legitimate and lawful purposes.
- Your right to complain to the supervisory authority. We suggest that you contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you have a complaint in relation to how we process your personal data. However, you do have the right to contact the relevant supervisory authority directly. To contact the Data Protection Commissioner:
- Office of the Data Protection Commissioner.
Canal House, Station Road,
Co. Laois, R32 AP23,
Phone +353 (0761) 104 800
Fax +353 57 868 4757
- Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long it is necessary for the provision of the service, or as necessary to meet our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements. For example:
- to provide you with the services and/or products you have requested;
- to comply with other laws, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
To fulfil CarePlus Pharmacy’s obligations to the HSE, regulatory or similar bodies, health-related personal information may need to be retained for a period after you cease to be a customer/patient of theirs. We will always store your data securely and will not use it for any other purpose.
We will retain your personal data only if it is necessary for the provision of the service, or as necessary to meet our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements.
- Changes to the Privacy Statement
Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be posted on this website (https://www.careplus.ie/privacy-policy) so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If at any time we decide to use personal data in a manner significantly different from that stated in this website, Privacy Statement, or otherwise disclosed to you at the time it was collected, we will notify you by email, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in a new manner.
- Use of the site by children
Our marketing and services are not directed to children. CarePlus Pharmacy processes children’s data for appointments (e.g., flu vaccination service) and processing prescriptions (via prescription order service). Children under the age of 16 using these services must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Privacy Statement is governed by the laws of Ireland and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
- Contact Us
Any questions, comments or queries regarding this Privacy Statement should be addressed to email@example.com.