Our Health & Wellness Expert, Martina, gives us some advice on detoxing after the festivities and staying healthy.
There is a link between weight management issues and your liver being full of toxins. This can result in:
- Unexplained weight gain
- Gym won’t do anything for reduction of calories if the issue is in the liver.
- The body gets used to storing toxins in the fat cells, causing weight gain
- Allergies & skin conditions
- When the liver is full of toxins the body creates antibodies (bacteria, viruses, foreign substances in the blood) which attack the allergens. However, too much histamine can cause dizziness, illness, headaches and fogginess.
- Bad Breath
- This is sign of bad liver function and overgrowth of bad bacteria in the gut.
Detoxing & Fighting Infection
Benefits of: Milk Thistle Complex, Apple Cider or Sallus Detox
- Acts as an antioxidant to detox the liver
- Lowers high cholesterol
- May prevent the onset of Diabetes
- Helps to prevent gallstones
- Anti-aging effects
- Generally blocks the entrance of the toxins into the liver
- Improves indigestion in the lower abdomen
- Reduces cholesterol made by the liver and picked up from food
- Stimulates movement of bile - crucial for metabolising fat and detoxifying, protects the liver against damage and encourages the growth of new cells
- Help maintain fluid balance
Benefits of: BioKult Candea Probiotics
- Combat against fungal and yeast infections such as oral and vaginal Thrush (Contains 7 strains of bacteria & garlic and grapefruit extract which helps to rebalance gut flora). Fungal infections are caused by Candida albicans – a common yeast living in our natural microflora.
- To naturally prevent a re-occurrence of fungal or yeast infections it is recommended to eliminate refined sugar, alcohol, processed food and warm baths.
- Increase garlic, vegetable, fish, eggs nuts and seeds in diet to avoid yeast infections.
Benefits of: BioKult Cyan Probiotics
- Triple-action formula containing cranberry extract, live bacteria and vitamin A.
- The two strains of bacteria contained take anti-microbial action against E.Coli in the urinary tract and gut. The pro-anthocyanadins in cranberries reduce the ability of E.Coli to become attached to the bladder wall.
- UTI’s (Urinary Tract Infections) are caused by the overgrowth of the bacteria E.Coli. If E.Coli becomes attached to the bladder it is can multiply and cause symptoms of Cystitis; overgrowth of this bacteria originates in the digestive system.
- Alcohol, sugar and caffeine may trigger cystitis. It is recommended to drink 2 litres of water to keep the urine at an appropriate Ph level as well as flushing bacteria from the bladder.
Benefits of: Bio Kult Advance Probiotics
- Link to cold & flu recovery and and general wellbeing – over 70% of our immune system is located in our gut
- Contain 14 different strains of bacteria, increasing the level of good bacteria in the gut.
- Probiotics improve digestive health. Poor sleep also has a negative impact on bacteria balance in the gut, it recommended to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
Ask our friendly pharmacists for more advice in your local CarePlus Pharmacy.