Detox, supplements and avoiding winter illnesses
Our Health & Wellness Expert, Martina, gives us some advice on detoxing after the festivities and staying healthy.
Detoxing & Fighting Infection
Benefits of: Milk Thistle Complex, Apple Cider or Sallus Detox
- Acts as an antioxidant to detox the liver
- Lowers high cholesterol
- May prevent the onset of Diabetes
- Helps to prevent gallstones
- Anti-aging effects
- Generally blocks the entrance of the toxins into the liver
- Improves indigestion in the lower abdomen
- Reduces cholesterol made by the liver and picked up from food
- Stimulates movement of bile - crucial for metabolising fat and detoxifying, protects the liver against damage and encourages the growth of new cells
- Help maintain fluid balance
Benefits of: BioKult Candea Probiotics
- Combat against fungal and yeast infections such as oral and vaginal Thrush (Contains 7 strains of bacteria & garlic and grapefruit extract which helps to rebalance gut flora). Fungal infections are caused by Candida albicans – a common yeast living in our natural microflora.
- To naturally prevent a re-occurrence of fungal or yeast infections it is recommended to eliminate refined sugar, alcohol, processed food and warm baths.
- Increase garlic, vegetable, fish, eggs nuts and seeds in diet to avoid yeast infections
Benefits of: BioKult Cyan Probiotics
- Triple-action formula containing cranberry extract, live bacteria and vitamin A.
- The two strains of bacteria contained take anti-microbial action against E.Coli in the urinary tract and gut. The pro-anthocyanadins in cranberries reduce the ability of E.Coli to become attached to the bladder wall.
- UTI’s (Urinary Tract Infections) are caused by the overgrowth of the bacteria E.Coli. If E.Coli becomes attached to the bladder it is can multiply and cause symptoms of Cystitis; overgrowth of this bacteria originates in the digestive system.
- Alcohol, sugar and caffeine may trigger cystitis. It is recommended to drink 2 litres of water to keep the urine at an appropriate Ph level as well as flushing bacteria from the bladder
Benefits of: Bio Kult Advance Probiotics
- Link to cold & flu recovery and and general wellbeing – over 70% of our immune system is located in our gut
- Contain 14 different strains of bacteria, increasing the level of good bacteria in the gut.
- Probiotics improve digestive health. Poor sleep also has a negative impact on bacteria balance in the gut, it recommended to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
Ask our friendly pharmacists for more advice in your local CarePlus Pharmacy.